Thursday, October 17, 2013

Favors

Working on the ethnography is really helping my social skills and communicating with people that are strangers to me. But I am now at the point where I have to interview people for my paper, and I don't know how to ask them.
They are all busy working with the children and taking care of them, and I don't think it would be too much trouble answering questions while changing diapers, playing with them, handing out orange slices, etc. But I always have the problem of the fact that, I don't want to be a burden on anyone else.
I mean, just the other day, while my dad went to go buy groceries, I washed the dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, etc, and at 12:30 in the morning when I couldn't sleep, I unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded it.
Asking anyone to do any favors to me is really hard, and I really hate doing it.
Can I just slip into the background and not need any help from anyone? Because that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment