Sunday, October 6, 2013

Would it work?

Currently for my ethnography I am stuck.

I was planning on observing an adult meditation group, but contacting them has reached a wall. I was also planning on maybe trying to get a hold of some kind of yoga group, but as I research into Lifetime Fitness, I began to think that it may be too diverse, that some people may come sporadically. 
I began to think, since one of my neighbors works at New Horizon, if a daycare could count as stress. Taking care of other people's children, teaching and educating them while trying to juggle the ones who need special attention, would that work? It is starting to become a bit of a stretch, but with time quickly running out, I'm becoming desperate. 
It's kind of like I have become my own domain. 
Isn't there a saying somewhere about  "You become what you study," or something like that? It would make a lot of sense if there was. I guess when you start observing and immersing yourself into a certain subject, it is all you really think about. Like when you travel to a different country. After awhile you become accustomed to the culture and soon start becoming one of the citizens. 

If that's the case, then this project is going to be hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment